The first choice in education, networking and business exchanges for meetings and events professionals.
The MPI Aloha Chapter is a non-profit organization that fuels the growth and advancement of MPI members. The organization provides innovative and relevant education, networking opportunities and business exchanges, and acts as a prominent voice for the promotion and growth of the industry.
Funds raised are used to provide educational opportunities, networking opportunities, and to support the MPI Student Club throughout the year.
When we meet we change the world.
We conduct six educational opportunities throughout the year for chapter members, providing professional development and career opportunities as well as to earn (CEU) Certified Educational Units for their Certified Meeting Professional (CMP) designation. The CMP program was launched in 1985 to enhance the knowledge and performance of meeting professionals, promote the status and credibility of the meeting profession, and advance uniform standards of practice.
NETWORKING SOCIAL EVENTS
Securing tomorrow by strengthening today
Regular social networking opportunities are held for MPI members and their like-minded hospitality professionals giving them an opportunity to share best practices and build strong relationships that promote business exchanges.
GALA EVENT, FRIDAY, OCTOBER 20, 2017
Celebrating our best and brightest
The gala event is the largest annual fundraiser for the MPI Aloha Chapter. We also take this opportunity to recognize Hawai’i’s industry leaders that have made an impact on our businesses. This year’s recipients are Peter Merriman for his strong leadership; Danny Akaka, Jr. for cultural sustainability and Pris Texeira, for her legacy in the hospitality industry.
BECOME A SPONSOR TODAY!
DONATIONS NEEDED FOR MEETING AND NETWORKING EVENTS THROUGHOUT THE YEAR:
• Donations needed for opportunity drawings: Tours, Activities, Accommodations, Merchandise, Dining Certificates, etc.
• Venue Sponsorship for meetings and social events complimentary or at cost.
• In-kind donations to cover speaker fees and travel expenses like housing, flights, transportation, etc.
DONATIONS NEEDED FOR GALA EVENT – FRIDAY, OCTOBER 20, 2017
• Auction Items: ie. Airfare, Tours, Activities, Accommodations, Merchandise, Dining Certificates, Special Events, Products, Services, etc.
• Entertainment – DJ
• Airfare for honorees (2 opportunities)
• Transportation for honorees (2 opportunities)
• All donors will be recognized on the MPI Aloha Chapter website reaching 100 members in the State of Hawai’i and 17,000 members worldwide.
• Meeting and Social Event donors will be recognized when invitations are sent out for each MPI event.
• In addition, all MPI Aloha Chapter supporters will be recognized in the Gala Event Program, which is attended by approximately 250 Hospitality Leaders in Hawai’i.
Mahalo for fueling the growth of meeting professionals in Hawai’i!